Litter Picking

A Wellingborough Eco Group forum for sharing information and discussion, use Swap Shop forum for swaps and Repair Club forum for repairs.
Jonathan Hornett

Litter Picking

Post by Jonathan Hornett »

Wellie Wombles - Wellingborough Eco Group

We have a new group for you, started on Facebook by Freddie Harris, as part of Northants Litter Wombles. Both groups have been set up to encourage people to litter pick, and to get them to share photos with each other of what they have picked.

If you would like to do some litter picking during lockdown, you can individually or with members of your bubble. To help you, we have teamed up with the Victoria Centre and Wellingborough Norse to loan litter pickers, hi-vis, gloves and to give away bags. This starts on Tuesday afternoon 1:30-5:30.

Find out more and join our new litter picking group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/welliewombles and at https://wellingboroughecogroup.org.uk/e ... e-wombles/
Joodes

Re: Litter Picking

Post by Joodes »

Did a bit of Wombling this afternoon. By the time I’d got 100 yards or so the bag was so heavy with a hub cap and bits of metal that I had to finish. I left it next to a dog bin as I couldn’t find a litter bin nearby. Hope that is OK, otherwise I’ll have to move it tomorrow.
Jonathan Hornett

Of course that's okay! Hope you took some photos and shared with Wellie Wombles on Facebook? :D
Joodes

Post by Joodes »

I will do. My membership is just pending at the moment.
Jonathan Hornett

Thank you to everyone who collected bags and bought/borrowed litter pickers today from Wellingborough Eco Group and the Victoria Centre , thank you for observing the facemask, sanitiser and two metre space rules, and for making the call and collect system work.

Wellingborough Eco Group and the Victoria Centre worked together to get this approved by Environmental Health and the police, thank you to both for trusting us to keep people safe.

We handed out 139 bags to 13 people, who also purchased 6 litter pickers and borrowed 4. Love the photos people have been sharing at facebook.com/groups/welliewombles, thank you all 💚