Wellingborough has a by-election on Thursday 15th February, we will be asking the 11 candidates lots of questions, fill in the form to ask your question! We will be covering the election on Wellingborough Forum on Facebook, Nextdoor, and on this website.
The by-election will be held in Wellingborough, Rushden and Higham Ferrers on 15th February following a recall petition in the Northamptonshire constituency. The petition was prompted by Peter Bone’s suspension from the House of Commons for six weeks for breaching the code of conduct for MPs.
North Northamptonshire Council (NNC) said voters in the constituency will start to receive their poll cards on 19 January. The poll cards will include information on how to arrange a postal or proxy vote for those who cannot make it to their polling station on the day.
Anyone who is eligible to vote but is not registered has until 30 January to register following the process on the NNC website. Following a law change last year, people who vote in person on 15 February will have to remember to bring a form of photo ID with them.
Eleven candidates have been nominated including representatives from the Conservatives, Labour, Liberal Democrats, Green Party, and Reform UK; plus we have four independent candidates. Candidates are listed in alphabetical order by SURNAME, First Name – Party – Where they are from:
- BRICK, Nick The Flying – The Official Monster Raving Loony Party – Derbyshire
- GUNN, Ana Savage – Liberal Democrats – North Northampton
- HABIB, Ben – Reform UK – Chelsea and Fulham, London
- HARRISON, Helen Jane – Conservative – Irchester
- JAY MALA POST-MORTEM, Ankit Love Jknpp – Independent – London
- KITCHEN, Gen – Labour – East Ham, London
- MEROLA, Alex – Britain First – Finchley and Golders Green, London
- MORRIS, Will – Green Party – Bozeat
- PYNE-BAILEY, Andre – Independent – Wellingborough
- TURNER-HAWES, Marion – Independent – Wellingborough
- WATTS, Kev – Independent – Wellingborough
We will be writing to the candidates for a personal statement when they have been been nominated. We are also taking a straw poll of who you are intending to vote for, so please indicate your preferences. Please fill in the form below to share your views:
Your responses will be included in our election coverage once verified, you can choose to remain anonymous by checking the box but we still need your name and email address to verify your response. Your details will be stored securely by Jonathan, Co-op Member Pioneer Wellingborough, Rushden and Higham Ferrers, your first name will be published, your surname and email address will not be shared.